A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 5 October 2015

Greenery for a Wreath

I spent a nice quiet evening yesterday watching TV and punching out little evergreen boughs from scraps of dp.  I put together two little wreaths for cards, and this morning turned one of them into this card:


It's for the current SCS Ways to Use It challenge "Use Greenery".  And surprisingly for me (those of you who know me well know that I really dislike sketch challenges), it's also for the sketch challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Countdown.  When I saw the sketch, it immediately said "wreath" to me and also it is a very CAS sketch:

 

And it was a good chance to use up a piece of dp from my stash (which is much too large!).

I'll post the card I make with the other wreath later - and maybe a few more, as making these little wreaths makes me really happy - go figure!






Supplies:
Stamps: SU sentiment
Paper: cream and red cs, Colorbok dp, scraps of green dp
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Memento Cottage Ivy
Accessories: Martha Stewart pine branch punch, Nesties scalloped circle, label die, red glittery dome embellishments

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! I love your wreath of greenery and those adorable glittery berries. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Some more DP on a card! Such a pretty wreath and this sketch couldn't be more perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your Christmas wreath is just lovely with lots of super dimension. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.