A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 6 December 2015

Mixed Media with Reindeer

It's time for another Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge - and it's wide open this month as it's "Anything Goes".  I'm still in Christmas card production mode so created a snowy scene for two little reindeer.


My media are ink, embossing powder (two different kinds), white acrylic paint, glitter, and Deco Art Snow Writer.

I started by sponging the background with three shades of blue Distress ink.  Then stamped the trees and used this great new embossing powder that really adds tones and dimension.  I splattered with white acrylic paint and a toothbrush for a light snowfall.  The sentiment is stamped in dark brown and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I cut a curved edge to a scrap of white cs and coated it with Deco Art Snow Writer and some glitter.  And finished off with two dark brown die cut reindeer glued to the snow and popped off the background with foam tape.

I'm also adding it to the Splitcoaststampers Christmas Card Challenge theme of "Santa, sleighs, or reindeer".

The Happy Little Stampers challenge is open all month so please come and join us!






Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz trees, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versamark, Memento Rich Cocoa; Distress Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, and Broken China
Paper - white cs
Accessories - Impression Obsession reindeer dies, clear embossing powder, Ranger Verdigris Antiquities embossing powder, Deco Art Snow Writer, white acrylic paint, foam tape



9 comments:

  1. This scene is beautiful.. love the background.. the textured trees and the snow... and the brown deers just pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful scene Susan, fabulous inking and I love the trees. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, so pretty, Susan. I love the sponged bg and all of the glitter and snow. :) I think that you could play this over at Virginia's View.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and peaceful winter scene Susan. LOVE the shimmer of your embossed trees and the texture from the snowy hill. Great card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely winter scene. sparkly trees are such a nice blingy surprise!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous and peaceful woodland scene Susan and I love all the beautiful texture!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful winter scene, Susan! Love the glittery trees and the gorgeous deer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic!! I love the colors of the blue sky, and the sparkly trees are festive, but the 2 deer playing in the snow just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mixed media ingredients you've used and will take a closer look at those gorgeous embossing powders. Such a beautiful and dimensional card. Love the splats too with the toothbrush...thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.