A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 12 May 2016

Peace Dove Cards - Set 1

I have a friend who orders a bunch of Christmas cards from me.  They all have to have a theme of peace doves.  So I've come up with a few designs, using three different stamps.  Here are the two cards using the first stamp.



The dove panel is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with a dark blue ep. Both it and the embossing folder background are popped up on fun foam.

I centred the first on the embossing folder background and offset the second (the only logical place to put it with this folder!)

I'm trying to be more efficient by making a couple of cards when I have a stamp out, but I never want them identical so it's fun to find easy ways to vary them.

I'm adding one of them to the CAS Mix Up challenge - stamping, heat embossing, and at least one other element.  My other element is the embossing folder background.






Stamps: Local King
Paper: white cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Cosmic Shimmer Steel Blue Aurora embossing powder, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Darice embossing folder, fun foam

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Susan, your dry embossed background and heat embossed main image are so beautiful. Your girl friend will Love both cards. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Susan. Love the beautiful image and it looks spectacular done with the dark blue heat embossing. Perfect popped up over the dry embossed backdrop --- lots of great texture and dimension.

    I like the idea of making two cards while you still have all the supplies handy. Will have to try doing that too. I'm falling way behind in my plans for getting Christmas cards made ahead. I know it's only May, but I wanted to have a couple of dozen done by now and I'm about 1/2 a dozen short of that goal. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Susan! I love all that heat and dry embossing! It's lots more fun to make duplicate cards but different. I like to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.