A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 1 January 2017

CAS Mix Up Liquid Colours

Welcome to the first CAS Mix Up challenge of 2017!  We are challenging you this month to use "liquid colours" on your card:

I chose alcohol inks for my card:


I chose alcohol inks as my liquid colours (using Loll's "Alcohol Inks with Yupo" technique - see her video here for details).  My sentiment is stamped and my choice of other element is die cutting.

I used a new die I just purchased and added a sentiment - definitely a Clean and Simple card!

Head on over to CAS Mix Up for inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer, Trina.  You have until January 24th to enter.  Please remember to keep your cards clean and simple, and include liquid colours, stamping, and something from the list of choices given over at CAS Mix Up.





Supplies:
Stamps -  A Muse sentiment
Ink - Memory Box Cottage Ivy, various alcohol inks
Paper - white cs, Yupo
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box trees in a stitched rectangle die



10 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card Susan ... even better in real life. Thank you! I LOVE your beautiful alcohol ink background. Really shows off with the white die-cuts. I'm going to have to add this die-cut to my wish list! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous background, Susan! Love the colors and patterns! And that die is gorgeous! It may have to go on my list! Love the simple design that lets the beautiful alcohol ink background take the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous AI background for your die cut trees and frame. Are your trees and stitched frame one die cut? I love it...like Bonnie..I need to add to my wishlist. TFS your CAS beauty my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Very nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another AI beauty. Love the bright colours and this works great as a gender-neutral card. Now I definitely have to try these AI techniques sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly a stunning background for those white fur trees. What a perfect combo of colours, fits the wintery mood of this gorgeous CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your white trees are set off wonderfully with your blue alcohol inks background Susan - love your pretty framing and simple sentiment! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colours are stunning, love the mix of blues and greens, it really pops against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful background, Susan. It really showcases those lovely die-cut trees so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.