A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 11 February 2018

Birds at a Frosty Window

I've been wanting to enter the Craft Stampers challenge and finally made a card that I think is worthy of linking up.

I found inspiration at the Merry Monday Christmas challenge:


I immediately thought of the little Penny Black birds that I love so I made this card:


I die cut the window and placed first a layer of acetate and then a little scrap of dp behind it.

I die cut two branches and the word "joy" and glued them onto the panel overlappeing the window with the branches.  I added some Martha Stewart glitter paste on the bottoms of the window panes and rubbed a tiny bit of it onto the branches.

I stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut the birds, placed them on the lower branch, and added some Aleene's paste to the brims and pom poms of their hats.

So glad I got it finished in time for Merry Monday!  And happy to be adding my card to the Craft Stampers challenge.






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black birds
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - red, green, and white cs, watercolour paper, scrap of dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box window die, Tim Holtz branch dies, Inktense watercolour pencils, Martha Stewart snow paste, Aleene's paste, scrap of acetate, Tim Holtz joy die



16 comments:

  1. This is really TWEET!!! Love the whole frosty design, in tune with my morning walks with my lab, LOLA ^..^
    You truly make the best Christmas Cards from whom I can learn alot! Beautiful and Joyous, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable and those birds are so cute and like Jo I am looking forward to learning even more from your wonderful Christmas cards, which are always so very special and today's is no exception x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and really nice with the snowy touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Susan, so adorable. I'm glad I got to see it IRL today, I just couldn't stop looking at it. Your window is perfect and your adorable birds are so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, CUTE card Susan...I love those birds!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas snowy window scene with your adorable watercoloured birds. I love every single detail, Susan. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable, Susan! I love all the snowy details (glitter paste and Aleene's paste)! You did a fantastic job with fussy cutting the birds too. Hideko :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You add so much to your images to make them special, Susan. Love the water coloring on the tiny birds and wow, you fussy cut furry things! The patterned paper in the window is just great, like looking into a kitchen window. This is beautifully done .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your win at Merry Monday with this beauty!! Just love your pair of birdies by the snowy window!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these sweet, snowy birds, Susan! Wouldn't it be fun to find them outside your window! Great job of fussy cutting them! And they're in the top picks at Merry Monday too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable winter scene Susan. Your sweet birds look so pretty on the pine branch with snow. And I love the layers you've added to the window with the "glass" and snow. Congrats on your win at Merry Monday --- so well deserved!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, Susan. You absolutely captured the essence of the photo. Love all the details.
    And congrats on winning at MM. Well deserved! 👏🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card more than qualifies, Susan! It is perfect in every way! It's a definite winner to me! Who can resist those beautifully colored Santa chickadees?! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet .... those little PB birds are favourites of mine too. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on your Craftstampers random draw of the dark room door stencils and stamps.
    It was certainly worth entering :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Susan on the win over at The Craft Stampers with this super cute card x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.