A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 5 February 2018

Mainly Red Christmas Card

The Christmas Cards All Year Round challenge for February is very appropriate for the month when we have Valentine's Day:

"The challenge for FEBRUARY is {use mainly RED} on 
your Christmas/Holiday themed project."
 
I went with red berries on a red card base:
 
 
I put the berries stamp in the MISTI and inked up with various shades of red and brown, stamping (with mini Distress inks and Distress markers) and reinking (with a little bit of spritzing for a slight watercolour look) until I got the colours as I wanted them.

I added a bit of brown and black splatter, and a die cut black sentiment, and popped it up on fun foam on a red card base.

Thanks for dropping by today!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Berry Bramble
Ink - various mini Distress inks and markers
Paper - watercolour paper, red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH sentiment die, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. You are so good at stamping and then spritzing with water and you always achieve amazing results. Stunning card and love that the stamp of the berries is large and fills the whole card...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your cards when you use that technique. I'm also convinced that you are the only one that got such a rich red from Distress ink. Love how this turned out, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these red berries! Such a happy feel to this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I just LOVE your real red watercolored berries, Susan. They look so real adding the brown in with the red tones. Your splatters are perfect for the background. I liked how you added your die cut sentiment over some of the berries, instead of putting a sentiment in an open spot. All very creative my friend. TFS Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, incredible deep colours on those berries. The splatters tie the whole card together. we need another session playing with this technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas card Susan. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red berries are gorgeous Susan. Great shading in beautiful and bright shades of red. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this card, Susan! The shades of red and brown are beautiful and rich. The spatters are effective and the black die-cut sentiment stands out. Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR’ ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.