A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 22 March 2018

Two Cards, No Blue

My followers have probably figured out that blue is my favourite colour!  So today I have two cards without a speck of blue!!

First up for Merry Monday Inspiration Challenge:


I created this card using a new stamp I hadn't inked up yet:


Pretty basic - stamped, watercoloured, and popped up on fun foam on an embossed background.  I love the image - here's a close-up:


Then quite a different card for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown:



Santa and his sleigh are stamped and coloured with coloured pencils, with a bit of glitter added to Santa's hat and jacket.

The Memory Box Joyeux Noel die was just the right sized to put on the diagonal underneath Santa.  I'm not that comfortable with things on the diagonal but it worked with the Santa stamp.

All this non-blue is making me thing I need to go back to something blue tomorrow!




Supplies for the first card:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and dark pink (or is it light red?) shimmer cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Sizzix embossing folder, Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, fun foam

Supplies for the second card:
Stamps - Crafters Companion Nordic Christmas Santa
Ink - Ranger Potting Soil
Paper - white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Memory Box Joyeux Noel die, white glitter





16 comments:

  1. Two great cards Susan ... and no blue!! :) LOVE the pretty candles and poinsettias. Great watercolouring and love the texture and shine from the dry embossed background. Your joyeux noel card is awesome! Good for you working outside your comfort with the diagonal panel. I find those challenging too. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 1st card is so beautiful and really pops...love all the red! Who can't resist a Santa card? Love your die cut sentiment too. TFS my friend...I kept looking for at least a Spec of blue, but you were right..none!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first card with the perfect stamp for the theme. Love the watercolor coloring. very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image on your first card and the dry embossed red texture looks great. Fun second card and not a bit in blue on both of your cards... Hope you've recovered? Both cards are gorgeous Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what you like but I like all the red and it's very Christmassy. Also I like diagonals. Back in your comfort zone tomorrow! Thanks for joining in at CCT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat Susan...came over from Merry Monday and got treated to two lovely, lovely cards! I absolutely LOVE your candle image you used...so beautifully colored and just love how it all pops from the beautiful embossed red background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got a chance to ink up your new stamp as it is perfect for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love your pair of candles, colored so beautifully! Perfect with the embossed flowers behind! So glad you could play along with us at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are both so pretty. Love the embossing you used on the first one. I miss that embossing folder! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty even though it’s not blue! 😂 Your watercolouring and pencil colouring are beautiful. Love the embossed background on your first and the layout on your second. Two lovely cards, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est vraiment sympa Susan, ton pere noel est adorable avec ces rennes et ce traîneau, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful cards, Susan, especially that first one. Love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are gorgeous in the traditional Christmas colors, Susan! Pretty candles and I love the die cut sentiment with Santa and his sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderful card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great cards. I really like diagonal cards. Thank you for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've created two lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.