A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 25 April 2018

One of My Favourite Things

One of my all-time favourite things that makes for a perfect day is afternoon tea in the garden.


I pulled out an old unmounted stamp I have with a straw hat, a teapot, flowers, and a cake.

I haven't used the stamp for years and can't remember what brand it is - if anyone knows, please let me know.

I stamped it in grey as I wanted a soft look, then watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched rectangle, and popped it up on fun foam on a straw coloured card base to matche the hat.

Nice to think of summer and having tea in the garden!

I'm linking it up to two challenges:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #113 "A Perfect Day" - my perfect day is a sunny afternoon having tea with a friend in my garden.


Less is More "Bring Something Back" - an old stamp or a technique - I used a very old stamp.






Supplies:
Stamps - unknown unmounted stamp
Ink - Versafine Smokey Grey
Paper - watercolour paper, straw coloured cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam



12 comments:

  1. You set a lovely tea time table, my friend! Love the soft look of the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft way you painted this, Susan! Also love that stamp and can't get over the details you were willing to paint. This reminds me of spring and summer, something that has not yet appeared here. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love afternoon tea in the garden too, wish the weather would allow me to do it more often...Such a pretty card, love that beautiful stamp and your pretty colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping it will be warm enough in May :) great old stamp and fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That table all set for afternoon tea looks delightful! Thanks for joining in with the AAA Cards Perfect Day Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to spend a sunny afternoon. Beautiful stamp Susan. Great soft colouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, what a cosy card! Just today I thought that I loved Summer for an opportunity to enjoy meals outside in a good company. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
    Click through to know today how to add fancy dimensional details to your next card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds perfect to me! A lovely scene stamp and I love the warm tone of the card base too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Susan. Afternoon tea sounds delightful. You sure have a lot of cool stamps. Tea-rific card! Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! Afternoon tea can never be wrong! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ã…sa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be right over for tea and cake, this stamp is adorable. Love the softness of your colouring, such harmony. Your card base compliments your hat and is a smart design finish. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.